By Divi Logan. Staff Photographer and Contributor for Bridges to Rails and EDUSHIRTS.
Bridges to Rails: Portable Photographic Power for Infrastructure Inspection!
A walk along the massive, double-leaf bascule, double-deck, Warren through-truss bridge at Lake Street on the South Branch of the Chicago River reveals details about its construction and its purposes in the complex infrastructure of the City of Chicago, Cook County, and Illinois.
TRUSS WEB and TRAIN AND ROAD DECKS
Truss web details with V-bracing, rivets, utilities, and lighting at the east portal. #433.
- Logan, Divi. The Lake Street Bridge File Collection. Photographs taken June 18, 2019. Media: Leica Digital. Processed with Microsoft Windows Live Photo Gallery and Paint Text. See related articles and images on LinkedIN and WordPress.
- Holth, Nathan. “Lake Street Bridge.” Historic Bridges.org Bridge Browser. Bridge documented: August 12, 2006 and 2010-May 2012. https://historicbridges. org/bridges/browser/?bridgebrowser=truss/lake/. 26 October 2019.
- United States Department of Transportation. Federal Highway Administration. Recording and Coding Guide for the Structure Inventory and Appraisal of the Nation’s Bridges. Washington: Office of Engineering, Bridge Division, Bridge Management Branch, December 1995. Report No. FHWA-PD-96-001.
- “Functional Classifications.” https://www.dot.ny.gov/divisions/ engineering/applications/traffic-data-viewer/tdv-definitions/Functional-Classifications.htm. 26 October 2019.
- U. S. Federal Highway Administration. FAU-1405 (Lake St) over S BR Chicago Riv. Cook County, Illinois. Bridge Reports.com National Bridge Inventory Data. By James Baughn. 2012-2019. https://bridgereports.com/1139881. 26 October 2019.